How to Use GNS3
This document explains how to configure a simple GNS3 topology consisting of two Cisco routers.
Your First GNS3 Topology
1. Start GNS3, you will be prompted to create a New project:
Give Project Name and Location where you want to save your project thne Click OK.
2. Open a New Window like this
3. To create a new GNS3 topology, select a group of the Routers, Click on "c3600 Router" now Drag and Drop to the Workspace.
4. Now Select a group of the Switches, Click on "Ethernet Switch" Drag and Drop to add Switches.
5. Now Select a group of "Browse End Devices", and Click on "VPCs" Drag and Drop to add PC.
6. First Click the Add a Link button to start adding links to your topology.
Second: Now right Click on a R1 Router in your topology to display available interfaces. In this example various Fast Ethernet and Serial interfaces are available.
For example: We Select Serial3/0
7. Then select another device in the topology to connect the interface to. In this example we select Serial3/1.
8. Now complete the connection b/w R1 to R2.
9. Now click again on R1 to Connect the Switch.
In this Exp: we select FastEthenet0/0
10. Now click on Switch 1 and select port no.1 to connect to R1 Router.
11. Click again on Sw1 to connect PC, select Port No.2, then Click PC1 and select Showing Interface Ethernet0.
Now Connect R2 Interface yourself.
12. Now Our Toplogy is Complete,
First: click Add Link button to Stop adding links.
Second: Click the Show/Hide interface labels button on the GNS3 Toolbar to display interface labels in your topology.
13. Click the Start/Resume button to start topology.
Note: After Start topology, GNS3 indicates that the devices have been powered on by turning the interface connectors from red to green.
11. You are now ready to configure your devices.
Double click on R1 to open Router Console Connection. or Righ click and choose Console.